Does BumpOut come with a warranty?
BumpOut comes with a 1-year limited warranty along with a 30 day no-risk return policy. Click here to learn more about our no-risk return policy.
What are the dimensions of BumpOut?
120mm x 61mm x 22mm
How does BumpOut connect to my device?
Featuring Bluetooth 4.2 technology, your BumpOut can connect to your smartphone, tablet or any other Bluetooth-enabled device.
How do I connect BumpOut to my device?
You can connect your BumpOut to your smartphone, tablet or other Bluetooth-enabled device using the Bluetooth button. Here’s how to pair BumpOut with your first Bluetooth device right out of the package:
- Double tap the power button. After doing so, a tone will indicate that the speaker is in pairing mode.
Find the Bluetooth settings on your device, and select BumpOut from the device list. A tone will indicate that BumpOut is successfully paired with your device.
Why can’t I connect to my device?
If your Bluetooth device won’t connect to your BumpOut speaker, please try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your speaker is turned on.
- Make sure your device is paired with your speaker and that Bluetooth is active on your device.
- Place your Bluetooth device closer to the speaker — it might be out of range.
- Move your Bluetooth device and speaker away from other wireless sources — you could be experiencing interference.
- Turn your speaker off and then back on again.
- If you have multiple speakers, make sure you’re connected to the correct one.
What is the wireless range of BumpOut?
The range from BumpOut to any connected device is approximately 20 meters.
How do I charge my BumpOut speaker?
You can charge BumpOut using a standard micro USB cable (included in your purchase). Here’s what the charging process looks like:
- Open the sealed weather door on the bottom of your speaker to locate the micro USB port.
- Plug the power adapter to the wall, connect the USB cable to the power adapter, then connect the micro USB connector to the speaker.
- A red LED will illuminate while the speaker is charging.
How long does it take to fully charge BumpOut?
BumpOut requires one hour to fully charge.
How long will BumpOut last when fully charged?
BumpOut can play music for up to 10 hours on a fully charged battery.
Is BumpOut water resistant?
Yes! BumpOut is both water and dust resistant.
Can I play music on more than one BumpOut at the same time?
Yes, you can play music on two BumpOuts at the same time from one device.
Most Apple devices do not allow users to play music from multiple speakers at once. We’re currently planning to build a mobile application that will allow you to play music on multiple speakers from any device.
Can BumpOut be used for telephone calls?
Yes, BumpOut has a built-in microphone that allows you to answer and conduct phone calls.
Does BumpOut have to be in Expansion Mode to play music?
Not at all – BumpOut does not need to be Expansion Mode to play music (though we certainly recommend it for the best sound experience possible!).
What are the recommended surfaces the Coins can stick to? Where can you place a Coin?
The Coins work best on smooth surfaces, including (but not limited to):
- the back of your smartphone and/or smartphone case
- glass windows (ex. living room window, car window, bedroom window)
- stainless steel (ex. refrigerator, grill, pole)
- any mirror and/or reflective surface (ex. bathroom mirror, granite top, marble, etc.)
What are some surfaces the Coins will NOT stick to?
Coins can stick to almost anything; however, we recommend staying away from surfaces that are likely to collect dust such as brick walls or wooden panels.
Will the Coins still work even if I have a case on my phone?
Yes, our Coins are compatible with all phone cases!
Can the Coins be reused on other phones or other surfaces?
Definitely, our Coins are 100% repositionable and reusable. For example, you can take a Coin off your phone case and place it on the mirror in your bathroom.
How do I remove the Coins from surfaces?
You can remove a Coin by gently pulling it off the surface it’s currently fixed on.
Does BumpOut need to be attached to my phone to work?
Not at all! BumpOut is Bluetooth enabled and can be used anywhere as long as it’s within range of the connected device.
How can I contact the BumpOut team for questions or comments?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch.